The Big 5
Gay Marriage
Same Sex adoption
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
Mental wellness in transgender teens
Montessori education VS. Public education
Both gay marriage and same sex adoption interest me because I am an activist in the gay community and I would like to become more familiar with topics I am fighting for. I would want to focus on a state and local level and see where Indiana stands on these issues. I feel that same sex adoption might be easier to find information on, but it would be really interesting to research what is going on with gay marriage on a state wide and national level. I feel like the LGBT community is about to make a major break through in the next few years is civil equality and it would be great to see where we are now. I went to the resource center on campus and got some literature on LGBT rights in the united states, and goggled gay marriage. I think that same sex adoption will be more beneficial than gay marriage because in Indiana we recognize same sex adoption.
BPD is something that I have been interested in for a very long time. As a teen I was wrongly diagnosed with it, and it has made me curious towards the subject sense then. This summer after some time in studying psychology my mom gave me a book called the Buddah and the borderline. It is an amazing book about a woman named Kiera who has BPD and her struggles with it. The book has made me want to do more research.
Mental Wellness in Transgender teens is a subject that I did some research on this summer while in a communications class. This subject is something that I am very passionate about. It brings together my love for psychology and LGBT culture. It is also a very personal subject for me as I had a very close friend who was transgender who killed herself not to long ago. When I get my doctorate I want to do pro bono work with homeless transgender youth, who have a very high rate of diagnosis. I looked this up in EBSCO host and found some things on it. I think that this is a topic I want to peruse for one of my I-search papers.
Montessori education is something that I am very familiar with because I teach at a montessori school. I also am a parent of a montessori child. I also was in line to get my teaching degree in a public school system. So a paper on Public Vs. Montessori seems to make sense. I did some research on this in EBSCO host and I really couldn’t find anything on it. There seems to be books and a lot of person al statements from parents and other teachers, but not a lot of real concrete evidence to support that montessori is better than Public education.

No comments:
Post a Comment