Free style
!!!!!!!!!Graphic images!!!!!!!!!!!
just wanted to do a blog about self harming in the form of cutting. While the picture above is not me for many years it is what my arms looked like as it is with so many cutters. Cutting is one of the most prevalent forms of self harm the a person with BPD does. It is also one of the most easiest to go back to. It gives the person immediate relief from a variety of life issues, but is terrible in the long run. Cutting especially in people with BPD can lead to increased suicidal behavior, and when in a group setting can lead to new cutters or relapsed cutters. I can not begin to tell you how hard it was for me to stop cutting, and for the first time in years this year I relapsed and cut. It is very important to spread knowledge about self harm and give teens safe alternatives such a writing and other encouraging practices to express themselves.
BE HEARD, LISTEN!
RAW:
Just to give some one who has no idea how hard it is for a person in remission I like to compare cutting to a person who has a drinking problem. I can not begin to tell you how hard it is for a person with a cutting history to read a book with a detailed section on someone cutting with out fantasizing about previous experiences, or see a picture and feel nostalgic and fall back into the idea of cutting will just let it all go.

No comments:
Post a Comment